My oldest daughter arabella hasnt nursed in 5 days

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
QQ
Post time 2014-4-6 10:06:19 | Show all posts |Read mode
Its not unusual for her to go a day or 2 and then start back up with asking 4 times a day

awww! first dd got a cold at 11 months and weaned herself. He recognizes the health benefits and thought it was great that she was still nursing at 2 but once mia was born, he started saying that he thought she was getting too old.
Do most of you feel that way when your children are done?

Who knows, maybe tomorrow she will want to again.What a blessing to have that in our lives.Nursing is wholly a beautiful, mother/child relationship.

She actually just finished nursing. Of course, while she was on my lap, mia needed me and I remembered why I am so ready for this to happen.I know my dd was HARD to get to nurse around that time, I just pumped and offered often.The days will start spacing out longer and longer until one day I will not even remember the last time.What a blessing to have that in our lives.

Originally Posted by IrishmommyYep, I've always felt it was bitter sweet when my children started the weaning process.

Originally Posted by IrishmommyThe beauty of child led weaning is that you know they are ready and it is such a natural process. And he was 3 1/2! DD is still nursing at 1 and I hate the idea of when she is done because she will be my last. I just love the snuggle!

Originally Posted by mommy21princessNot sure how old your oldest is BUT many babies will go through nursing strikes/or distraction periods where they won't really nurse for a couple of days without being reminded, especially around the 1 year mark.so I guess she was pretty ready to wean too.

It is bittersweet. i definately missed the intimacy and closeness.Dream feeding helped alot too and nursing in the shower! has a lot of information about this age!!

She is 3.I know my dd was HARD to get to nurse around that time, I just pumped and offered often.
Even though I was ready for her to wean, I didnt think she was.
I guess it is a good thing for it to happen slowly.but she has never asked.There really isn't a standard of comparison for them.

Hugs!

Oh yes, I still feel sad about my DS weaning 4 months ago.so I guess she was pretty ready to wean too.but she has never asked.My ds self-weaned at 18 months and dd started the process (even though I had to finish it quickly because I was preggo and couldn't handle nursing while pregnant) at 26 months.My ds self-weaned at 18 months and dd started the process (even though I had to finish it quickly because I was preggo and couldn't handle nursing while pregnant) at 26 months.Dream feeding helped alot too and nursing in the shower! has a lot of information about this age!!

Yep, I've always felt it was bitter sweet when my children started the weaning process.I still miss nursing her and was convinced that if she asked again once the baby was born that I'd give tandem nursing a try.
He doesnt understand that it isnt something that you can just easily stop.My oldest daughter arabella, hasnt nursed in 5 days.I still miss nursing her and was convinced that if she asked again once the baby was born that I'd give tandem nursing a try.

Use magic Report

Advanced Mode
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies

Points Rules

Archiver|mdiscuz

2017-6-27 09:48 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.230115 second(s), 30 queries , Gzip On.

Get a Discuz Forum