[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
QQ
Post time 2013-1-27 15:09:27 | Show all posts |Read mode
haha

Dylon is the easiest with the least amount of running. My main reason for cd'ing is to save money but lately I've wanted to jazz up my stash without buying new diapers.Makes the dye stretch a little longer!

Originally Posted by CEsMomThanks! Where do you guys find Dylon dyes? I know I've only seen Rit at Walmart. Some of them come out a little uneven if I didn't let it sit long enough, but they were fun (and easy)!

Originally Posted by aidensmommyI used dylon dye.5 hours, 3 for1 hour)

Thanks! Where do you guys find Dylon dyes? I know I've only seen Rit at Walmart.

I've found Dylon at Walmart, Michael's, and Hancock Fabrics had like 20+ colors!

Thanks everyone! I'm so excited to dye diapers now!!! Ds is going to have a rainbow of prefolds on his bottom! LOL .

If you buy from Dharma be sure you get soda ash and synthropl as well as the dyes.
What dyes are best?
How do you dye them?
Do they fade fast?
My ds has fairly sensitive skin and excema, do you think the dye would bother him?
Thanks!

Hmmm.about two prefolds per pack of dye. i did deep pink, light pink, turquoise, dark green, mint green, black, and black tye die(ish) on one of the pink, turquoise, and green ones.

If you do dye your PF's, do two for the reccomended amount of time to get a deep color, then dye two more with the same batch of dye. maybe I should move this to the crafty forum??I'm still new around here

I used dylon dye. i still have to do orange and dark blue.You will get a lighter shade of the same color (i.
I did 6 the other day with the olive green packet (3 for 1. 2 would come out a little dark than mine i'm sure, but 4 worked fine for me.e.

Procion dyes seem to be more colorfast., purple and lavender). I want to dye some of my prefolds but I don't know what dye to use.about two prefolds per pack of dye.I only have GMD prefolds and BSWW.You can get them from Dharma or in the crafting section of Wal-mart they have Rainbow Rock tie-dye kits that all the supplies you'd need.The soda ash fixes the dye so they shouldn't fade and the synthropl (I'm totally butchering the spelling, sorry!) releases any extra dye while washing so they shouldn't bleed.

Use magic Report

Advanced Mode
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies

Points Rules

Archiver|mdiscuz

2017-7-28 18:57 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.184631 second(s), 34 queries , Gzip On.

Get a Discuz Forum