Not if you want to plug it into one of them old aerial tngs

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
QQ
Post time 2014-5-17 14:06:21 | Show all posts |Read mode
Not if you want to plug it into one of them old aerial things.

The Basic Picture format is the same PAL 625 line/50 Hz. These too can be modified, but considering you can buy a good video for under £100 it probably isn't worth the effort. Best thing to do is get your DVD upgraded to multi region.

The overall upshot is that if you try to tune in your UK TV in Austrailia you will be able to recieve a picture but no sound. Pretty much the same as connecting your DVD Player.K.

I also have a list of TV world standards if any one is interested.

DVD players connect direct to the TV so no problems using a UK DVD player with a Australian TV. These too can be modified, but considering you can buy a good video for under £100 it probably isn't worth the effort.

The power source is O.

Cheers

Andy and Karen

Originally posted by karen and andy
Paul,

Thanks for the additional info, I will check out my TV Spec.

If you intend to use a sattelite decoder or cable decoder in Australia then if the decoder provides a scart (audio/video) output then this can be connected to your UK TV with little effort.

The problem is that the transmission of the TV image in Australia is to a standard called CCIR System G, whereas in the UK it is CCIR System I. This is not a bad thing considering the content of aussie TV. Only the Region is a possible problem, in the UK the region is 2 in Australia it is 4.

DVD players connect direct to the TV so no problems using a UK DVD player with a Australian TV.5MHz away from the video carrier, but in the UK the spacing is 6MHz.Originally posted by karen and andy
Not if you want to plug it into one of them old aerial things.c 50 Hz, exactly the same as the U.

Cheers

Andy and Karen

I saw a TV advert only yesterday, from 'Best jeans' I think, for a parka and we were sweltering in 34C!!!

Use magic Report

Advanced Mode
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies

Points Rules

Archiver|mdiscuz

2017-7-28 18:51 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.162430 second(s), 30 queries , Gzip On.

Get a Discuz Forum