I have noticed that all of my purewool woolies bleed

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
QQ
Post time 2012-10-18 21:33:47 | Show all posts |Read mode
I am pretty sure it will with a little biokleen oxy clean.

I've heard that you can soak them in vinegar to set them.It is so irritating.
The anuar only bleeds the blue.

So, from what i have read, it looks like we are on to something. (it was my yarn dyed by purewool, not a WHAM).

I rewashed the soakers and wow!A ton of dye came out in the washing of them.

I think sometimes they do not dry it long enough.or heat set them (or a combination of both?) - I'm sure someone who knows what they're talking about can chime in

Originally Posted by Julie Kyep I've had some do that - especially the blues and blacks. They bled onto two diapers and it didnt come out in the wash.I'm making shorties out of it and it bleeds all over my hands as I knit.

I've heard that you can soak them in vinegar to set them. I knew they'd bleed so I used vinegar the first time I lanolized them and my darker colored diapers. I did put a GM on with that pair and it rubed some blue off but it came out no problem for me. Only the black and blue bleed a lot.or heat set them (or a combination of both?) - I'm sure someone who knows what they're talking about can chime in

Yeah mine is the black and cyan skein!

Originally Posted by susnrobYeah mine is the black and cyan skein!

my black and cyan did it all over my friend's hands when she was knitting them.The water was pure blue.I just need to finish these shorties so I can figure out how to get the dye to stop bleeding.I have noticed that all of my purewool woolies bleed.I just got some new ones and they are beautiful, but they bleed so bad.

my maceio and my anuar both bleed.

YES, i had this beautiful pair of shorties knit up (glory bee - shamless plug) but didn't heat set them like I was supposed to do, and the black bled into the maceio and dulled it. i need to try them more to see if they do bleed., but my solid maceo ones I did heat set and they still look great!

Yep, my black and cyan turned my hands black. And my dark pink and white became dark pink and light pink after the first wash.

Use magic Report

Advanced Mode
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies

Points Rules

Archiver|mdiscuz

2017-6-28 11:42 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.177078 second(s), 30 queries , Gzip On.

Get a Discuz Forum