mdiscuz.com

Forgot password?
 立即註冊
Search
Hot search: 活動 交友 discuz
View: 12|Reply: 0

So I know I need rearfacing and so does my friend bc her babe has weighed out of

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
QQ
Post time 2013-10-6 03:59:01 | Show all posts |Read mode
But to me, the more important issue, is the limits on the seat.Why not just get one that harnesses to 65lbs to begin with? KWIM? .What's the safest and cost-effective?

All seats have to pass the same standards.It's SO lightweight and so much smaller than most of the other convertibles!Our infant seat (SS=big!) isn't even squished up against it when they're side by side in the car!And we've taken the Scenera on airplanes and it's just so light and easy to tote for a convertible seat!!We've never had strap twisting issues or anything, either.99? She is still rear facing in it at almost 16 months old and I have never once had anything to complain about with it.campaign=46637

localhost/www.albeebaby.

I prefer Britax over the rest because they go above and beyond the minimum saftey testing.

Here are my favorite seats:
Cosco Scenera
Safety 1st Uptown
Evenflo Triumph Advance
Sunshine Kids Radian 65
Britax Marathon

The reason I stay away from Graco seats is because they have low top slots kids tend to outgrow them by height well before weight.For our family, it would be kind of silly to get a main seat that could only harness to 40lbs.What seats should we get?I have plenty of room but she has a mustang.Don't know if that makes a difference in some.A Britax Decathlon (our main seat), a Fisher Price Safe Voyage Deluxe (in DHs car), and a Costco Scenera (for grandmas car, and what we used for 33lbs-35lbs). I was thisclose to buying a britax when I did my research and found that the scenera is rated just as good but for a fraction of the price. We have never once had issues with it.
We have 3 seats.All I knew was Graco.html

So if there's a $50 one and a $200 one, why does everyone get the Britax over the Cosco?

Britax has many, many options over the Cosco. They also have higher weight harness(65lbs vs.It's great!

Those are NOT the only 2 options! All seats currently sold meet the same safety standards. because it doesn't have much cushioning and not quite as pretty (though some walmarts have a really pretty pink one that apparently mine doesn't carry! HMPF!) but as for safety, it's rated very high. The longer you can keep them rf'ing the better and the longer you can keep them in a 5pt. Check out for deals on Britax.99? She is still rear facing in it at almost 16 months old and I have never once had anything to complain about with it.

Non-twist straps
EPS foam
The Marathon, Decathlon and Boulevard harness to 65lbs, 17 inch harness slots
rearfacing tether
seatbelt lock offs, no need to use a locking clip if your vehicle requires that one be used.

The Cosco is a nice budget seat, but I'd never use one as a primary seat.

Jenn

I recommend the britax marathon or the fisher price safe voyage deluxe (made by britax).com/products/e9l0. I was thisclose to buying a britax when I did my research and found that the scenera is rated just as good but for a fraction of the price.I've heard Britax is good, but I hadn't heard of them till these boards.So I know I need rearfacing and so does my friend bc her babe has weighed out of his bucket. We have never once had issues with it. So that leaves me having to buy ANOTHER 5pt harness for 40lbs-65lbs or 80lbs.

The Cosco is a nice budget seat, but I'd never use one as a primary seat.

localhost/www.

Originally Posted by Diaper'nDivaI have the scenera and it is awesome! I think our's was 39. Had the Radian been available then, I would have chosen it over the Marathon!

The most important thing is that the seat is installed used correctly! I don't think twice about putting Evie in her $40 Scenera. Not saying anything bad about people that choose to do so, if I didn't have the budget to be able to afford a higher-end seat, I'd have no problem using a Scenera.I MUCH prefer the decathlon over the scenera.

Originally Posted by remrathSo if there's a $50 one and a $200 one, why does everyone get the Britax over the Cosco?

More padding, prettier, non-twist straps, and some other small details that aren't THAT big of a deal to us since we don't travel TONS and Eden is tiny for her age (18 pounds @ almost 16 months)

I have the scenera and it is awesome! I think our's was 39.Other than that we don't know which one passed better or worse than the others. The scenera is a good seat if you are on a budget, but you will need another seat after they hit 40lbs.

Why did I choose Britax? Because when I purchased our Marathons, they were the seats that would last the longest. IMO britax seats are a BREEZE to install and use correctly.

Non-twist straps
EPS foam
The Marathon, Decathlon and Boulevard harness to 65lbs, 17 inch harness slots
rearfacing tether
seatbelt lock offs, no need to use a locking clip if your vehicle requires that one be used.babyage. Not saying anything bad about people that choose to do so, if I didn't have the budget to be able to afford a higher-end seat, I'd have no problem using a Scenera. I know that it's in correctly I know that both DH I know how to use it right!

Price isn't everything!

Originally Posted by pixilatedBritax has many, many options over the Cosco.

IF you want to have a cushier seat or one that would last past 40 lbs there are plenty of choices, just not as cost effective. The $40 seat when installed used correctly is just as safe as the $250 seats. I had a really hard time installing the scenera, and I have to untwist the straps every single time I use it. harness the better. because it doesn't have much cushioning and not quite as pretty (though some walmarts have a really pretty pink one that apparently mine doesn't carry! HMPF!) but as for safety, it's rated very high.

Ditto that!!Our Scenera is great!While I'd like to get a Britax for longevity reasons one day, I'm in no rush because our carseat is awesome.com/fiprsavodeco1. 40lbs).At 40lbs, I would want another 5pt harness, as I don't feel it is at all appropriate for a 40lb child to be in a booster.

Use magic Report

Advanced Mode
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies

Points Rules

Archiver|mdiscuz

2017-7-23 22:39 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.211110 second(s), 34 queries , Gzip On.

Get a Discuz Forum