mdiscuz.com

Forgot password?
 立即註冊
Search
Hot search: 活動 交友 discuz
View: 16|Reply: 0

DH is tnking of applying to the police academy here in town but one of s hangups

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
QQ
Post time 2014-1-25 06:09:11 | Show all posts |Read mode
He seems to *always* have time off.

DH's main concern is for Sunday.He was night shift for 19 years(2pm-10pm); but just recently switched over to day(6am-2pm) shift. You could end up in a place where he works 4 12-hour shifts per week, and the same four days each week. It isn't the most family-friendly schedule, but my brother's precinct has 12 hour shifts, they work like four 12s.

My experience(with my dad) is that he always has worked 6/3.

Thanks everyone, these responses are helpful so far.

I was a police officer until last year whent he baby was born and DH is still one, our schedules were opposite.How feasible would that be, do you think?

around here they work 4 on 3 off on monthly swing shift.It's awful!

My brother is a cop (corporal) and my dad is retired cop.My DH has done every type of wacky shift imaginable.It will change each time there's an event that requires extra police presence. Now that he is higher up, he can bid for the shift he wants. i dont know about other cops.6 days on, 3 off.DH is thinking of applying to the police academy here in town, but one of his hangups is the schedule.

My hubby works 12s right now.

Chances are he'll get assigned to graves/shifts in the beginning. DH worked 6pm to 6am 3 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on, 3 days off. It just depends.

Use magic Report

Advanced Mode
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies

Points Rules

Archiver|mdiscuz

2017-7-28 18:52 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.187297 second(s), 30 queries , Gzip On.

Get a Discuz Forum