mdiscuz.com

Forgot password?
 立即註冊
Search
Hot search: 活動 交友 discuz
View: 37|Reply: 0

Looking at 1st grade material they have several readers and they also have optio

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
QQ
Post time 2014-4-25 09:26:41 | Show all posts |Read mode
What exactly is in these teacher's editions? How useful are the books for teaching/learning without the manuals?

No one knows?

For the readers specifically, I doubt you would need a teacher's manual.Looking at 1st grade material, they have several readers and they also have optional teacher's editions that go with them.In the guide itself, it says it is just a tool to be used in order to TEACH a child to read.If my son had been there with me, he would have been able to read the books at the end of the 1st grade program to confirm my suspicion.

For me, I prefer to go by myself to things like this so that I can think - instead of constantly answering questions/checking behavior of my kids.

Thank you for your input! It is so hard to pick out curriculum when you can't look though it!

I have a friend who bought the reader teacher's edition for K5, but it is all in one book. I did like their video class though.

I found abeka to be very confusing because it is geared towards a classroom.The readers are simple for you to go over with your child.We went through it very quickly (maybe 2 months?) and I focused on the phonics rules as they related to spelling.When I got there, I thought that the 1st grade was too easy for him, but was talked into staying with that grade by the rep.

And even though the program was too easy and we had to skip most of it, my son was still charmed by the readers.For some reason, he really loves them. I agree.

I do love that abeka is so strong w/ the reading and phonics. A rep sets up all the books and is available to answer all your questions. I'm so excited!!

I had been thinking this morning that I *should* have taken ds2 with me to the display.Sometimes even better than me.I will stay w/ Abeka for teaching language arts but I find some the the other subjects kinda of dry.I was taught to memorize words not to sound them out and the rules that go w/ it.I will supplement these w/ other ones.I understand why it would be hard to relate, but it was frustrating all the same. But I so wish I could just sit down with everything they offer for first grade and thumb through it to see exactly what it is!

Thanks again!

My daughter has all the 1st grade readers.My 7 yr old now reads on a 5th grade level and and can spell so well.I had a hard time getting info last year related to should I/should I not go through the phonics. Maybe in older grades.

Good luck!

Thank you much!! I looked and they have a display coming to my area on the 9th!! I already emailed dh about it and he's putting in for a personal day.DS2 is the one who I had many questions about what grade I should actually put him in (due to the strong focus on teaching reading in the 1st and 2nd grades).Telling the rep that didn't help, b/c he couldn't relate the AR reading levels to what Abeka was doing.

You can look at their site see if they're having a display in your area. I could scan some and email the pictures to you.But if I had only taken the child in question, the behavior would have been fine (and I could have taken something for him to do as well).

I love A Beka!

I second the idea of you looking on their website for a display near you so that you can look at all of the curriculum.

Another one here that doesn't see the need for the teacher's edition. If I were to do K 1st grade again, I would not buy the teacher's editions. All it is, is the 12 mini-readers (which are MUCH smaller than 1st grade ones) with a note one sentence long on some of the pages! She said she is just going to use this with her dd and not even buy the student books.

Use magic Report

Advanced Mode
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies

Points Rules

Archiver|mdiscuz

2017-7-20 22:46 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.203871 second(s), 30 queries , Gzip On.

Get a Discuz Forum