last night i had the idea to make a little 'tool' bag for ds

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
QQ
Post time 2013-7-6 18:20:10 | Show all posts |Read mode
and all the little tools he got for christmas. i just need to find something to make the bottom more stiff and possibly the sides as well so it will stand up on it's own. i'm very proud of how it turned out. though i'm sure it's not origonal. The other thing you can do to avoid the raw edges and make it more finished on the inside is to make the outside fabric bag and inside bag separately. Then sew them together right sides together, leaving just a small section to turn it right side out. i made the pattern myself. Then either handsew that part closed or if you are too lazy to handsew (like me!) topstitch it. today we were at walmart so i found a fabric i've been eye-balling (i didn't have anything i would want to use for something like this). now i just need a surger because all the inside edges are un-surged and are probably going to fray like mad if/when i wash it! oh yea, and the inside is all black.

I like the angles of that bag! very cool

cute!

Very cute! I love the way you did the sides of the bag!

You could use some interfacing next time (I like iron on) to stiffen it up. big enough to be used as a diaper bag!! too bad the zipper i got was too shortso no zipper on this one but i'm thinking of modifying the pattern and adding an inner pocket or two with slots of different sizes. Hope that makes sense! .last night i had the idea to make a little 'tool' bag for ds.

cute mama! I want one too! lol ds loves cars!

Ooh, I love it, expecially the triangle sides!

If you stitch up the outside edges, that'll give it some more definition.

Use magic Report

Advanced Mode
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies

Points Rules

Archiver|mdiscuz

2017-5-23 07:14 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.220072 second(s), 34 queries , Gzip On.

Get a Discuz Forum