Forgot password?
Hot search: 活動 交友 discuz
View: 17|Reply: 0

If I am in living in Oz and my british uk passport runs out Anyone kno

[Copy link]








Rank: 1

Post time 2013-7-1 10:02:22 | Show all posts |Read mode
.If they cannot commit after a few years here then they should leave - but as I said that is MY personal opinion.
and now hes 40 he has not yet botherd to become a oz citizen and when him and his family decided to travel abroad last year he realised he needed a new uk passport, so he applied for a uk one the first since he arrived here 35 yrs ago, and his wife and kids applied for new oz passports,
he recived his back in 8 days and they had to wait 6 weeks.What the hell are they doing taking Australians jobs and houses and having all the benefits of living here if they cannot, will not and are not prepared to become Australian citizens?
Careful Wizzy that's a high horse that you could fall off!

Copied from immi web page:

Only Australian citizens have automatic right of entry to Australia. These visas last up to five years from the date of grant. passport as well. Also when I picked up my passports from the immigration office in Brisbane for the PR stamp, the bloke there said something about after the date on my stamp( 06) I would need a return visa if I wanted to leave Aus and return.

When you travel from Oz to the UK leave here on the Australian passport and enter the UK on the British one, or you will have to queue up with all the other foreign nationals for up to 3 hours to enter the UK - I made this mistake in '99 on my first return visit

And in my opinion anyone that has lived here for 35+ years and not taken citizenship should be put on the next plane back to the UK with a one way ticket. After the initial visa has expired, if the holder wishes to continue to travel to and from Australia as a permanent resident, they must obtain a Resident Return Visa (RRV). shaun

Originally posted by Carrianne
where do I get those ? do I need one every time I leave ?



Carrianne it applies to Permanent residentholdersonly aftera certain length of time (I think it's after 5 years from the date you've received yourPR stamp),then after that five years, when you leave Aus for any reason and want toreturn you need to get areturn visa.

Use magic Report

Advanced Mode
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies

Points Rules


2017-7-28 18:47 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.187023 second(s), 30 queries , Gzip On.

Get a Discuz Forum

Powered by Discuz! X3

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list