mdiscuz.com

Forgot password?
 立即註冊
Search
Hot search: 活動 交友 discuz
View: 51|Reply: 0

I am needing your input PLEASE!I am tnking of taking pictures for a side job jus

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
QQ
Post time 2014-1-13 18:05:09 | Show all posts |Read mode
In reality, if you are good, you will make 200-500 a session after you pay for the photos to be printed and such.

Second, have you take photography classes? Do you have editing software? Good editing software is a MUST and runs $500+ depending on what it is. the list goes on. good luck. now that i have 2 kids i shoot all the time. My dh will have to watch them . as were when i shaddowed a wedding i fell in love. It isn't really something you can do well on the side. it's alot of work and even if your customers KNOW that you are just starting out there going to aspect you to know what you are doing.I know my limitations- I don't do weddings, or very special occasions. my BF wanted to do wedding photo on the side so she shaddowed me last weekend and half way throw she started to freck out, she now knows that were was no way she could do it,however she already invested in the equitment and is out alot of money.I show them my previous work most of the time I request that my kids can come to the party.I am booked solid EVERY weekend and some days during the week. i modeled for about 5 yrs and usually helped the photographer if there was another model to shoot and thats where my photography love began.I also offer some specialty pics that I edit on my computer.

Also, travel, you will have to go to people's homes, and places where they want the photos, most of the time, your children won't be welcome.

oh join the shutterbugs fourms you can learn alot there

tell me wha cameras you use vbery helpful advice
thanks

i have a kodak easy share something or other and use photoscape or picasa2 to edit once i move i may begin looking for ppl to shoot again - right now its for fun.I try to take pics outside when possible. I generally make an extra $50 or so off each shoot for that.

I think it depends on what your trying to shoot and what level of experience you have. You can't print them at walmart or sams; make sure to find a good reputable printer.I allow the parents to have the negatives and digital copy of all pics.It's fun and I am learning.I have also taken a few shoots outside for graduations.As the op said it can be a major cost up front but that again depends on what your shooting.My favorite is births (especially homebirths). Also plan on 4+hr photo shoots for newborns and 2-3 hours for each normal shoot, and plan on twice that much time editing and proofing.I order cute albums online, some handmade, I try to find good deals.I give discounts all the time and I get a lot of biz by word of mouth.One hour 100 pics, cute photo album -$100. (I have a canon 5d)

Use magic Report

Advanced Mode
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies

Points Rules

Archiver|mdiscuz

2017-7-25 12:34 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.176540 second(s), 30 queries , Gzip On.

Get a Discuz Forum