A gentle reminder

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
QQ
Post time 2012-5-19 04:30:39 | Show all posts |Read mode
it is good to hear about these insights.On day 31, INS started deportation proceedings charging Mr. that's why i thought i was okay by returning home every two or three months for a week or two and then returned.

Rete

Originally posted by salooni110
what about violations? do they constitue a technical overstay, eventhough the person is not staying beyond the expiration date of that non-imigrant visa. but thanks.

i honestly had no intent on immigrating to the usa back then. job, hinted at immigration intent.

When you come down to it, there is absolutely no benefit for us in marriage.
of course this didn't go down well with the ins officers and was asked to stay away for a while after i was done with this last trip. but they pulled me aside at poe and interrogated me for over an hour and a half. my sister lived in new york, my boyfriend in philly, and i was just out of college, so it was pleasant to write my thesis in the states who has kick-ass libraries and bookstores, while visiting my loved ones.I'm sure your RFE has nothing to do with this although you are probably correct, your name has been red flagged in the computer and you would probably be thoroughly scrutinized the next time you attempted to enter the US. came back home and got a job and never touched american soil since then.
yet, after ins brought this separation upon us and it turned out to be more painful than we thought, we had to make a decision.

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
I keep Siffre and Hosseinpour in my quiver of citations.

am i guilty of an overstay?

Originally posted by bequibar
i got scolded at poe the last time i was at the states for the ammount of trips and time spent there and was asked that after my trip i should go home and get a job and live there for a while.If this happens you will need a waiver to get a new visa. plus my boyfriend and i were very happy just living together, we never even discussed marriage.

they might not like the fact that i'm applying for a k1 now, would they?
Isn't that the bitch of it?Jim and I had talked and both agreed that we DID NOT want to marry. some were quite rude, some were actually kind, but they wanted to turn me around and send me home right then and there.

they might not like the fact that i'm applying for a k1 now, would they?

i honestly had no intent on immigrating to the usa back then.

The above is a GENERAL description -- seemingly minor facts can change things. it was just while i wrote my thesis, then i was coming back.
oh no, i was afraid of that rete.

BTW, it is possible for a legitimatevisitor to spend a lot of time in the US on a B visa or a VWPP admission -- a foreign commissioned salesman is an example that comes to mind quite readily.

my visa was not taken away from me nor was there anything stamped on my passport but now that i got an RFE from vermont i'm beginning to fear i was maybe red-flagged in the system. not all in one chunk, but still, around 7 months worth of visits.It is possible to have bona fide temporary intentions which exceed six months.

am i guilty of an overstay?
No, you were not guilty of any overstay as you put it.
Hi:

Your analysis is in error.Our medical deductible is higher being a family.

CORRECTION:I meant Matter of Siffre, not Hosseinpour.
what about violations? do they constitue a technical overstay, eventhough the person is not staying beyond the expiration date of that non-imigrant visa.For some reason, the young BICE Trial Attorney's don't think that any immigration laws pre-date 1996.
oh thanks.

If you overstay the date of expiry of any non-immigrant admission [VW or with visa], a clock starts ticking.

because when you add up the time spent there in the various trips over the course of a year, it came up to over 7 months.[If you have a visa expiring on May 5, 2003 and board a slow ship on May 4, 2003 destined to the United States, you can be admitted even if the ship arrives on May 20, 2003].He continued his studies .
They didn't do that because of an overstay but because your frequent trips and total length of time showed you were living in the US and not just coming in for a visit.

Rete

Use magic Report

Advanced Mode
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies

Points Rules

Archiver|mdiscuz

2017-6-28 11:42 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.180503 second(s), 30 queries , Gzip On.

Get a Discuz Forum