Dear AllThe question of IELTS seems to be a bit confusing to me

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
QQ
Post time 2013-2-22 21:45:34 | Show all posts |Read mode
We didn't take the exam because the nearer test center is 700 km away and we don't have a car (and we're not to keen on going to Toronto at the moment).

• In some cases, providing evidence that you have undertaken post-secondary studies at an institution where all instruction was in English may give you points for English. I calculate it
nbsp;costed us more than US$500 with hotel, gasoline, etc.Peter
Vanouwrote in message news:.

It depends on whether your bachelor's degree was done in English or not, and whether that degree is equivalent to an Australian bachelor's degree as stated in the Country Education Profile.

Good luck
Thomas
Hi Thomas,
Same question as my precedent post really.

• Undertake an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test.

Mike

• In some cases, providing evidence that you have undertaken post-secondary studies at an institution where all instruction was in English MAY GIVE YOU POINTS FOR ENGLISH. Apparently, fact that my education was in english was enough for DIMIA to grant me the required 15 points .
Thanks again for your help.
Vanessa
On Fri, 16 May 2003 14:32:53 +0000, Vanou wrote:
nbsp;Then, we'll just have to rent a car, book an hotel room and drive
nbsp;exactly 820km (I checked) to take that test!! Couldn't have been
nbsp;easier, right?

That is a similar story to most of the people we met in Washington DC
taking the IELTS, including us.com wrote in
news:up8acvcu8um823l2aj0cbui7n3fuv1mkds@4ax. They arrived at the examination center 5 minutes late
nbsp;and had to pay the examination fees a second time. It is an expensive
nbsp;test, not just because of the fees, but all the rest. Don't know what to do now.

nbsp;The question of IELTS seems to be a bit confusing to me. I got a letter from my case officer (yes, I got
assigned one after what appears to be 3 weeks) on April 1 (no joke)
requesting the original of the police check (I front-loaded) plus an
IELTS.

If you have completed a qualification comparable to an Australian bachelor degree or higher, DIMIA will generally indicate that English language testing is not necessary. It is an expensive
test, not just because of the fees, but all the rest. This includes many people who did not grow up with English as their first language.Dear All,

The question of IELTS seems to be a bit confusing to me. Is IELTS
nbsp;compulsory for applicants who come from a non-English speaking country?
nbsp;Or is it for anyone who holds a non-English speaking country Passport?

I have included with my application my Cambridge Proficiency Grade A
dated 12/95.

Don't know if this helps

Jo
frustrated@yahoo. So I am afraid you will
also have to take it. Then, we'll just have to rent a car, book an hotel room and drive exactly 820km (I checked) to take that test!! Couldn't have been easier, right?
I so do not want them to ask us for it!!!! If someone out there ever drived from Montreal to Toronto, you 'll know what I'm talking about. Waiver of the IELTS test is at the discretion of the migration officer processing your application. That examination center seems to be
the only one in the whole East Coast of the USA.
Hi,

Did you get your Master in the USA? And they still asked you to take the IELTS exams? I'm worried because I thought that having studied in an english university for a year they wouldn't ask me for it. Thoughts??

Use magic Report

Advanced Mode
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies

Points Rules

Archiver|mdiscuz

2017-6-25 11:33 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.219667 second(s), 30 queries , Gzip On.

Get a Discuz Forum