新手上路

Credits
QQ
Post time 2012-12-15 05:53:27 | Show all posts |Read mode
As it should be.

omg the boys 12 he should decied himself now he can talk
.More power to him.

Surely whatever the child wants done is what they will go with.i have no words

however I have been following this case, and big cudo's to the momma for standing up for the boy.

The Supreme Court sent the case back to the trial court to answer that question.

Who cares if the DAD converted.

I've been following that case a bit on MDC. I feel like he would just want to do one or the other for the parent.

The father, James Boldt, converted to Judaism in 2004 and wants the boy to be circumcised as part of the faith. I wish babies could talk.

Originally Posted by snangel

Because he can talk now he should have a say? but the Dad should have had it done when he was a baby before he could use his voice with words in protest Wow just wow.Poor little guy, hopefully the court will come through for him.

So sad. And the dad shoulda had it done when he was a baby
Because he can talk now he should have a say? but the Dad should have had it done when he was a baby before he could use his voice with words in protest Wow just wow. His mother alleges he did not. I hope they wait until he is of age (18) and let him make the decision.Doesn't mean his child needs to be chopped on. I hope he's able to speak without pressure in court, as I highly doubt a 12 year old (or any child for that matter) would want a knife taken to his or her genitals. . He is to young I think to make the decision.
I'll just ditto everything you said.PORTLAND, Ore. As it should be. thank goodness the dad is just now converted, as the boy probably would have been cut as a baby had the dad converted back then.He's too young to make that decision now way too much psychological trauma that his parents are fighting over this as it is!I can't imagine!

i hadn't read that update, though i have been sorta kinda following the case. (AP) - The Oregon Supreme Court has ruled that the wishes of a 12-year-old boy should be considered in a dispute between his divorced parents about whether he should be circumcised.i have no words

however I have been following this case, and big cudo's to the momma for standing up for the boy. Originally Posted by mom2~3offspringomg the boys 12 he should decied himself now he can talk
. I think the court should rule NO! for now that the child would be legally allowed to decide to do that once he turned 16 or something.

The state Supreme Court ruled that earlier court decisions failed to determine whether the boy wanted the circumcision.

Exactly.

Who cares if the DAD converted. And the dad shoulda had it done when he was a baby

Originally Posted by Tiffer23Surely whatever the child wants done is what they will go with.

I think they should just let it be for know. not sure what being able to talk has to do with it. i find it appalling that parent would impose such a thing on their child, religion or not. His father contended the boy did.

Originally Posted by mom2~3offspringomg the boys 12 he should decied himself now he can talk
.Poor little guy, hopefully the court will come through for him. at least now he has a chance of having a say.
And I hope when determining where the boy wants it or not the procedure is explained to him. And the dad shoulda had it done when he was a baby
NO, he should decide himself because its his body.So they can find out what the child really wants not what hes been lead by one parent or the other to say he wants. I wish babies could talk.I mean, 12 is still very young to make such a decision, but I can't imagine he'd want it done.I also hope the interviews are done by professionals much in the same way as molestation cases. I hope they wait until he is of age (18) and let him make the decision.Doesn't mean his child needs to be chopped on. The mother, Lia Boldt, appealed to the high court, saying the operation could harm her son physically and psychologically.More power to him.

Use magic Report

Advanced Mode
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies

Points Rules

Archiver|mdiscuz

2017-5-29 09:47 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.193101 second(s), 34 queries , Gzip On.

Get a Discuz Forum