allMy husband is an overseas student in australia and completed s course in Jan

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
QQ
Post time 2014-1-22 00:49:53 | Show all posts |Read mode
nbsp;Hello all,nbsp;My husband is an overseas student in australia and completednbsp;his course in Jan 2004. Our application has been acknowledged.nbsp;Jeremynbsp;gt;gt;George Lombard wrote:nbsp;Hi Meera,nbsp;gt;nbsp;Your husband's student visa is still your visa, until the GraduateTemporarynbsp;visa is granted.So the student visas will continueuntil next year. His student visa is valid till March 2005.The main advantage of a 497 as opposed to a BVA is the ability to travel. We got a mail from DIMIA granting us a Bridging Visa A till a decision is made on the Graduate Skilled Temporary Visa.nbsp;Hi Georgenbsp;If the student visa has now expired, then the applicants will have anbsp;Bridging Visa A.nbsp;Since he had completed his course and we did not have all documentsnbsp;ready to put in our PR application, we had applied for a Graduatenbsp;Skilled Temporary Visa in February. Inbsp;gt;gt;also wanted to know if the Graduate skilled Temporary Visa comes intonbsp;gt;gt;effect from the day the course is over or from the day the results arenbsp;gt;gt;announced.And speaking of 1 April, you're not continuing to suggest that they'll raisethe age limit for skilled migration are you? :-)CheersGeorge Lombard--lt;jaj116@hotmail.CheersGeorge Lombard--lt;member16898@british_expats.nbsp;gt;gt;nbsp;gt;gt;nbsp;gt;gt;Since he had completed his course and we did not have all documentsnbsp;gt;gt;ready to put in our PR application, we had applied for a Graduatenbsp;gt;gt;Skilled Temporary Visa in February.Also, the transitionals for the 1 April changes have meant that a lot ofpeople have had to apply for 497s in order to preserve their rights.However it's most likely you will just receive thesubclass 880 permanent grant directly, as the temporary visas are not alwaysprocessed to finality where 880s are in the offing.nz.Meera is in that situation.comwrote in messagenbsp;news:1336638. His student visa is valid till March 2005. We got a mail from DIMIA granting usnbsp;gt;gt;a Bridging Visa A till a decision is made on the Graduate Skillednbsp;gt;gt;Temporary Visa.Although it is known thatnon-studying student visa holders can have visas cancelled while in theprocess of preparing for an onshore graduate application, in practice DIMIAhas more important matters to attend to.nbsp;gt;gt;nbsp;gt;gt;As soon as we had all our documents ready we put innbsp;gt;gt;our application under Subclass 880(Skilled Independant Overseas Student)nbsp;gt;gt;in the first week of March.comwrote in messagenews:1336638. His student visa is valid till March 2005.comwrote in messagenbsp;news:1336638. We got a mail from DIMIA granting usnbsp;gt;gt;a Bridging Visa A till a decision is made on the Graduate Skillednbsp;gt;gt;Temporary Visa. Our application has been acknowledged. As soon as we had all our documents ready we put in our application under Subclass 880(Skilled Independant Overseas Student) in the first week of March.nbsp;gt;nbsp;Cheersnbsp;gt;nbsp;George Lombardnbsp;--nbsp;gt;nbsp;gt;nbsp;mgu lt;member16898@british_expats.There are some reasons why it might be beneficial to have a 497 visa instead - if Adelaide were asked nicely, would they grant the 497 before the 880?I'm not sure if there's any disadvantage to the 497 compared to the BVA, but maybe you'll correct me.On theother hand, a 497 costs you both the VAC and the cost of the healthinsurance which is required, while there's no health insurance requirementif you can go straight to a BVA for a subclass 880/881/882. His student visa is valid till March 2005. Our application has been acknowledged.1080639543@.nbsp;gt;gt;Thank you,nbsp;gt;gt;Meeranbsp;gt;gt;--nbsp;gt;gt;mgunbsp;gt;gtosted vialocalhost/nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;Hi Jeremy,A lot of onshore students have visas far beyond the currency of theirstudies, if they take summer semester options, get more credits for previousstudies than anticipated, or discover they can apply for a sponsored visaafter qualifying for a diploma instead of struggling on to a degree, to takejust some examples.However it's most likely you will just receive thenbsp;subclass 880 permanent grant directly, as the temporary visas are not alwaysnbsp;processed to finality where 880s are in the offing.nbsp;nbsp;gt;gt;Hello all,nbsp;gt;gt;My husband is an overseas student in australia and completednbsp;gt;gt;his course in Jan 2004.nbsp;Nownbsp;my doubt is whether we will be granted a Graduate Skilled Temporary Visanbsp;now or will we be granted a Bridging Visa A for the PR application.nbsp;gt;gt;nbsp;gt;gt;Nownbsp;gt;gt;my doubt is whether we will be granted a Graduate Skilled Temporary Visanbsp;gt;gt;now or will we be granted a Bridging Visa A for the PR application. I also wanted to know if the Graduate skilled Temporary Visa comes into effect from the day the course is over or from the day the results are announced. Thank you,MeeraHi Meera,Your husband's student visa is still your visa, until the Graduate Temporaryvisa is granted. Inbsp;also wanted to know if the Graduate skilled Temporary Visa comes intonbsp;effect from the day the course is over or from the day the results arenbsp;announced.Jeremygt;George Lombard wrote:nbsp;Hi Meera,nbsp;nbsp;Your husband's student visa is still your visa, until the Graduate Temporarynbsp;visa is granted.nbsp;gt;gt;As soon as we had all our documents ready we put innbsp;gt;gt;our application under Subclass 880(Skilled Independant Overseas Student)nbsp;gt;gt;in the first week of March.1080639543@.nbsp;nbsp;Cheersnbsp;nbsp;George Lombardnbsp;--nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;mgu lt;member16898@british_expats.nbsp;gt;gt;Since he had completed his course and we did not have all documentsnbsp;gt;gt;ready to put in our PR application, we had applied for a Graduatenbsp;gt;gt;Skilled Temporary Visa in February. Inbsp;gt;gt;also wanted to know if the Graduate skilled Temporary Visa comes intonbsp;gt;gt;effect from the day the course is over or from the day the results arenbsp;gt;gt;announced.ihug.Hello all,My husband is an overseas student in australia and completed his course in Jan 2004. Our application has been acknowledged.1080639543@.nbsp;gt;gt;Nownbsp;gt;gt;my doubt is whether we will be granted a Graduate Skilled Temporary Visanbsp;gt;gt;now or will we be granted a Bridging Visa A for the PR application.nbsp;Thank you,nbsp;Meeranbsp;--nbsp;mgunbsposted vialocalhost/Hi GeorgeIf the student visa has now expired, then the applicants will have a Bridging Visa A.nbsp;As soon as we had all our documents ready we put innbsp;our application under Subclass 880(Skilled Independant Overseas Student)nbsp;in the first week of March.nbsp;There are some reasons why it might be beneficial to have a 497 visanbsp;instead - if Adelaide were asked nicely, would they grant the 497 beforenbsp;the 880?nbsp;I'm not sure if there's any disadvantage to the 497 compared to the BVA,nbsp;but maybe you'll correct me.co.However it's most likely you will just receive thenbsp;subclass 880 permanent grant directly, as the temporary visas are notalwaysnbsp;processed to finality where 880s are in the offing. We got a mail from DIMIA granting usnbsp;a Bridging Visa A till a decision is made on the Graduate Skillednbsp;Temporary Visa.comwrote in messagenews:c4cmet$67p$3@lust. Since he had completed his course and we did not have all documents ready to put in our PR application, we had applied for a Graduate Skilled Temporary Visa in February.But as her husband's course is not in session they canboth work full-time.nbsp;gt;gt;nbsp;gt;gt;nbsp;gt;gt;Thank you,nbsp;gt;gt;Meeranbsp;gt;gt;nbsp;gt;gt;nbsp;gt;gt;--nbsp;gt;gt;mgunbsp;gt;gt;nbsp;gt;gt;nbsp;gt;gtosted vialocalhost/nbsp;gt;nbsp;gt;nbsp;gt;

Use magic Report

Advanced Mode
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies

Points Rules

Archiver|mdiscuz

2017-7-23 22:38 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.238700 second(s), 34 queries , Gzip On.

Get a Discuz Forum