mdiscuz.com

Forgot password?
 立即註冊
Search
Hot search: 活動 交友 discuz
View: 6|Reply: 0

i have a smal but nice wine collectiona lot from australia but also france and c

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
QQ
Post time 2013-4-8 17:57:51 | Show all posts |Read mode
i have a smal but nice wine collection

a lot from australia but also france and canada

however i've just found out that wine carries a 50+%mport duty

how on earth are they going to work out the tax on an obscure '95 wine from ontario etc??

any ideas'?

because lorna said heyho we'll have to drink it all then!!!!!!

cheers

richard
That's what we're doing (hic) slowly working our way through the drinks cupboard!

One of our removers said (off the record) you could take the risk and pack it in your container undeclared, but is it worth it?

Loopy
well ordinary stuff no not really

but the collectors (and sentimental) wine.
-Hmmm i'd have to think long and hard about. travelling blah blah etc) also these guys are hardly going to attach much value to some obscure '95 Canadian 'rotgut' now are they????. The best way to think about this is that after all considerations that affect the value of the wine to you - cost availability etc would you NOW buy each bottle of wine at the amount you will pay in duty?If not, then drink it or give it away before you come. Anyway, it was well travelled and the odd bottle was dodgy when opened so we didn't want to take the chance and pay duty on something that might be 'corked' or otherwise no good - what we couldn'tdrink, we gave to our neighbours before we left. Also ensure the wine is OK, for example we had a lot of very old good quality South African wine (believe it or not this exists). We did this, paid the duty (ouch) but it was worth it for the stuff we brought with us.

DPR (Perth)
i will pass on your comments to my brother-in-law who paid a rather a lot for this. Make sure you put the correct number of bottles, give the description and 'value' it - in most cases there are legitimate reasons for understating the value (remember depreciation d.We provided them with a list, and valuation of each bottle and a total. We had a few cases of good French wine (mainly from Burgundy)and vintage Moet.

cheers

richard

Use magic Report

Advanced Mode
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies

Points Rules

Archiver|mdiscuz

2017-5-29 09:59 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.216735 second(s), 34 queries , Gzip On.

Get a Discuz Forum