My grandma is sending me ts huge 2 lb skein of 100% natural wool

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
QQ
Post time 2012-7-7 05:31:12 | Show all posts |Read mode
Certain methods lend them selves better to a colorway better than others.

I have VERY specific color combos in mind before I start a new colorway.Another way is to take your soaked yarn and put it on some GOOD plastic wrap and pour dye (dye mixed with a very little bit of water and vinegar) directly onto the sectinos of wool you want dyed, then wrap it up and microwave in 2 minute intrivals until all the dye is set (any water around the wool will be clear).Then rinse.My grandma is sending me this huge 2 lb skein of 100% natural wool.For example, my rainbows are handpainted, whereas many of my other methods are kettledyed- of sorts.

Wow I just realized how bad I am at explaining things LOLgt;Do a search on google for how to handpaint yarn or something and you'll come up with tons of ways

I think you'll find the best info by googling kool-aid dyeing yarn.Alot is just playing and learning as you go.GL! .I like the stove top method where you mix the dyes and vinegar in water, dip parts of the wool skein into the dye water, turn on the stove and leave the wool in the dye for a while while it almost boils, about 20 minutes or so?Then take it out and do another section in another color on the stove.There are a ton of people who blog in detail a bunch of different methods.THe actual dying process can be done many different ways.

Use magic Report

Advanced Mode
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies

Points Rules

Archiver|mdiscuz

2017-6-25 09:59 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.190751 second(s), 34 queries , Gzip On.

Get a Discuz Forum