mdiscuz.com

Forgot password?
 立即註冊
Search
Hot search: 活動 交友 discuz
View: 37|Reply: 0

We have all heard about property price movements in OZ but whats happening in UK

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
QQ
Post time 2014-1-11 20:50:18 | Show all posts |Read mode
.I bought my 3 bed semi in Dec 2002 and the same type of house down the next street was recently sold for 30k more than we bought ours for and within 2 weeks.co.The estate agents said that prices would go up more steadily this year, but they are rocketing.It's madness.Is this correct ? localhost/London doing welli went for a walk to the local estate agents yesterday to ask this very question.Nice eh ?Originally posted by noodle Hi ElaineAfter what the estate agents have said to me, I'd advise you not to believe them.I'm lucky as my area is very much in demand, so we'll see how it goes.UK house prices are definitely on the increase and look like continuing to do so for some time yet.Is this correct ?I agree with everyone else.Is this correct ?Nope.Meanwhile, I have had to drop mine to get some interest.As we hope to sell ours later this year and buy in aus this is good news.Maybe it relates to what some fool overpaid for a one bed rabbit hutch in some swanky development overlooking the Thames, in which came more fool them.IreneA Nationwide report out today reckons London the South-East will have at least a 13% price rise this year.:scared:HiI agree, I went to the area where I sold a house 5 years ago for £60k and it is now £150k.Anything that comes onto the matket is getting snapped up so quickly, it's really scarey.uk/1/hi/business/3581527.Check out :- localhost/news.It's increased in value by an average of £66 per day !!!Last summer it was increasing by as much as £700 per week.additional.Originally posted by ABCDiamond We have all heard about property price movements in OZ, but whats happening in UK ?Have prices dropped ?I just heard that London has seen a 20+% price drop in the last few months.Here's to more rises in the future.You can obviously get a lot more for your money the further out of London you go.I bought mine 2 1/2 years ago for £73,000. Otherwise it's a good buy. An example she gave was a street not far away from where i live where 3 months ago a house sold for £75K, now a house very similar in size and condition is selling for £115K! .18% rise seems to be the general expectation.Is this correct ?I read in yesterdays London Evening Standard that the South-East will see a double-figure rise in house values this year.Especially as it's on at £150k and isn't getting any interest.They seem to try and flatter you wiht a good price to get you to go with them, but you'll never get the price.Fingers crossed for some interest for you soon.as i said earlier, the houses that I am after are just shoting upwards.I plan to sell it in around 17 months time, by which it should be worth between £160,000 and £175,000. I have older aluminium double glazing, still ok though, and a garage.bbc.A good sign of a buoyant house market is how quickly houses sell when placed on the market.The house we bought has increased by £200k so prices are rising fast.I've been told that its worth upto £170,000.Around our area houses are selling very quickly.They now predict a 8% rise this year in my area (Nottingham) Where as at the start of the year it was predicted around the 2 - 3% mark.Is this correct ?Originally posted by ABCDiamond We have all heard about property price movements in OZ, but whats happening in UK ?Have prices dropped ?I just heard that London has seen a 20+% price drop in the last few months.A townhouse sold a few weeks ago for £189k, another one has come onto the market which is exactly the same but has a conservatory, it's gone on at £230k.Anyone want to hazard a guess what the agent will say?Elaine MHi ElaineAfter what the estate agents have said to me, I'd advise you not to believe them.So it seems to show no sign of stopping around me. she was also saying that the middle housing bracket, your typical largish 3 bed semis, were selling very fast.Last August the agent said £120k to £125k so I'm hoping it will be more now.They seem to try and flatter you wiht a good price to get you to go with them, but you'll never get the price.hometrack.as i said earlier, the houses that I am after are just shoting upwards.I can't imagine anywhere in London having a 20% drop, even car parking places in Central London are heading towards triple figures to buy!Prices are still rising.:scared: :scared: :scared:Originally posted by ABCDiamond We have all heard about property price movements in OZ, but whats happening in UK ?Have prices dropped ?I just heard that London has seen a 20+% price drop in the last few months. The larger more expensive houses were sluggish as were the smaller terrace types.I bought for £68k in July 2000, but spent about £8k on cavity wall insulation, cavity wall ties, rewiring. .THe same type of houses are now selling at between £230k and £240k.Is this correct ?I know all about this as I am currently trying to sell my house and get a bigger one.Elaine M

Use magic Report

Advanced Mode
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies

Points Rules

Archiver|mdiscuz

2017-5-23 07:15 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.206097 second(s), 34 queries , Gzip On.

Get a Discuz Forum