allstill trying to make up our minds on where to move to either perth or somewh

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
QQ
Post time 2013-8-24 03:18:30 | Show all posts |Read mode
It took us 2 days going slowly and we would definately do it again. But I think people (me included) get too hypothetical with the issue.
Disagree with your comments on flying, when you are a family of 5 you might be much more likely to drive than fly because of the costs.Perth!

Andy

Disagree with your comments on flying, when you are a family of 5 you might be much more likely to drive than fly because of the costs. If you are single or a couple cost doesn't really come into it.Townsville Cairns perhaps to a lesser extent.greyhound. There are some fabulous places along the way. When you times the air fare by 5 even a short flight can be big bucks!
I expect the cost of fares from Perth to the East Coast are significantly more than Brisbane to other East Coast destinations.

Brisbane is over 1000kms from Sydney. Lots of facilities near by, reasonable work/ business prospects and the fantastic lifestyle to go with it.Once I made it on a day trip to the Reef (via Bundaberg) .

We loved Queensland it was picturesque and the people were firendly, I am sure they are in Perth too, but The Sunshine Coast did it for us. The distances might look easier to handle when looking at a 1000000:1 scale map of Australia but being here and driving the distance is a different story.To the south there is some beautiful country to explore between the two Capes (centred on Margaret River) one could get down there easily in a weekend.com. Tax rates and fuel will be increased soon to compensate. Melourne is over 2000kms from Brisbane. I would say it's driveable, especially if you share the drving.

If you have4WD Fraser Island is certainly do-able on a long weekend.

Think nothing of popping down to Byron Bay or driving up to Noosa on a day trip.

It's a while since I flew BNE to PTH but it was in the order of $640 Return .Mind you I like to swing by Byron Bay / Lennox Head enroute .

As for the distances Brisbane to Sydney is a great drive and a 1 night stop over is all that is needed. This made it more appealing to us. It took us 2 days going slowly and we would definately do it again. We took nearly a week to drive from Sydney to Brisbane, although we could have made it quicker. but from my perspective once one gets to Mackay things start to get interesting again.

Workwise you are probably going to be looking at a major population centre (figuring that's where most telecom cables and hospitals are situated) so you've basically got SE Qld (Sunshine Coast, Brisbane, Gold Coast) to consider.Perth looks very nice, but the remoteness puts me off. If you have weeks to spare then, sure, a drive through to Sydney is worthwhile. However, the infrastructures have not kept up with the boom in population and as a result necessary services are underfunded.

Each to their own as they say!!

QLD

Most of the times I've driven to Sydney from Brisbane my first day's drive ends up around the Port Stephens / Nelson Bay area.localhost/www.

Internal flights are quite pricey in Oz so if you did want to go away for a few days etc it would cost you quite a lot from Perth. These are huge distances.so whats the goods and bads with both places ,ie: work and living accommadation. But that is Australia for you.

so lets have it all

cheers

gary
Perth is nice and ha a large Brit expat population so it must have something going for it (although PB) could fill you in with more info since he lives there.Take advice from those who have travelled it.

I think the main factor to consider is the isolation, would you be happy living in the most remote city in Australia? Or would you prfer to be able to drive around and visit other areasa bit?

A difficult decision when the whole of Australia is your Oyster!!

Good luck
I agree that Perth is isolated geographically. If you are going to visit Sydney from Brisbane you are inevitably going to ifly (just as you will from Perth). Sunshine Coast is another 120kms further north of Brisbane.

WA

Only vacationed there but from what I've seen Metro Perth is your job seeking market. There seems to be nowhere else to go except. stop there and a couple of times around Coffs Harbour for a swim.
Initially we thought of Perth as so many people seem to emigrate there from UK.hi all
still trying to make up our minds on where to move to ,either perth or somewhere in queensland not sure yet.

Too much emphasis is placed on Brisbane being on the east coast. It is so far away from any other city, ok if you like staying in the same place all the time, we like to travel around a bit so knew that it would be too remote for us.(Or Newcastle, Sydney Wolongong in NSW).
The Brisbane area is within drivable distance of Sydney and other cities, also near Surfers - theme Parks for the kids- Coral Reef- for diving etc.

As for driving across the Nullabor - all I'll say is be wary.huge distances. The main drawback for us would be the isolation factor. When you times the air fare by 5 even a short flight can be big bucks!
I expect the cost of fares from Perth to the East Coast are significantly more than Brisbane to other East Coast destinations.so there's no rush, nothing gets done in a hurry and standards slide.

Queensland is one big beach and has a population with a beach mentality. If you are single or a couple cost doesn't really come into it. We stopped off at Port MacQuarrie, Coffs Harbour and Byron, but you can make it in much quicker time if you're just wanting to go from A to B.

As for the distances Brisbane to Sydney is a great drive and a 1 night stop over is all that is needed. Queensand has boomed over the past few years on the back of lower taxes and cheaper fuel and housing.au/

Use magic Report

Advanced Mode
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies

Points Rules

Archiver|mdiscuz

2017-5-23 07:11 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.179341 second(s), 34 queries , Gzip On.

Get a Discuz Forum