mdiscuz.com

Forgot password?
 立即註冊
Search
Hot search: 活動 交友 discuz
View: 21|Reply: 0

I am a US citizen resident in the US planning to marry an Aussie after wch we wi

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
QQ
Post time 2013-3-3 01:38:29 | Show all posts |Read mode
com/spouse1.

Any recommendations on which way to proceed to best get them residency
in the US after marriage?

Thanks.

DCF in general is the fastest, most complete way for a married alien to enter the US with a Green Card. Someone else has recently posted about epilepsy, but I don't recall the outcome. Her daughter has a diagnosis of
Temporal Lobe Epilepsy. My fiance is in Melbourne. I'm not asking for the answer; I suppose you've
nbsp;already considered it.I've read that Perth used to do DCF, but do they still, or has now that process also been consolidated in Sydney like fiance/spousal visa processing was?And do I have to abandon my existing I-129F to use DCF?I-129F Filed at CSC - 12/16/02
NOA-1:12/20/02 (projected 34-64 day timeline)
Online Case Status 1/23/03:projected 205-235 day timeline
Still waiting.
nbsp;I think it's a good idea to start familiarizing yourself with the forms
nbsp;involvedl; you can always download a practice set.

Any recommendations on which way to proceed to best get them residency
in the US after marriage?

Thanks.She is a house-mum and not
working because of severe agoraphobia.exit. It seems you can actually schedule it all ahead of time, before your marriage, in fact! Your new wife will enter the US as a Green Card holder, eliminating the need to file for AOS, EAD, AP etc when she arrives. In our DCF, travel to the Embassy was our biggest expense (4 trips). I filed I-129f (K-1) mid november.
nbsp;gt;

nbsp;Any recommendations on which way to proceed to best get them residency
nbsp;in the US after marriage?
nbsp;gt;
nbsp;Thanks.
nbsp;gt;
nbsp;JK
nbsp;
nbsp;JK, you should most definitely investigate DCF if you are interested in
nbsp;speed of processing and reducing separation.html, I think we want to do
either a Fiance Visa or a Direct Consular Filing (since DCFs seem to fly
pretty well in Sydney, where she lives). Check posts from MrTravel, who did bring his daughter to the
nbsp;US that way. It seems you can actually schedule it all ahead of time,
nbsp;before your marriage, in fact! Your new wife will enter the US as a
nbsp;Green Card holder, eliminating the need to file for AOS, EAD, AP etc
nbsp;when she arrives.
Intersted in information on DCF for Australia, time frames etc.

The bigger concern would be how will your fiance deal with her condition to make the move. As I understand the way Sydney works, it sounds like it's done in essentially one day, so at least you have that on your side even if you have to travel in country.
nbsp;Originally posted by Jk
nbsp;Hi,
nbsp;gt;
nbsp;I am a US citizen, resident in the US, planning to marry an Aussie,
nbsp;after which we will live in the US.
meauxna wrote:

nbsp;Joe, the Consul's website should be bookmarked in a handy place on
nbsp;your computer!
nbsp;Children can follow with their mother's I-130, but I personally did not
nbsp;do that.

I am concerned about the medical aspect. You will want to plan ahead of your trip as the paperwork and pre-setup are unique to Australia. Remember that your new alien spouse will enter the US with a CR-1 visa and will not have to AOS, EAD, AP etc. The process is a little different in
Australia.exit.exit.I've read that Perth used to do DCF, but do they still, or has now that process also been consolidated in Sydney like fiance/spousal visa processing was?And do I have to abandon my existing I-129F to use DCF?I-129F Filed at CSC - 12/16/02
NOA-1:12/20/02 (projected 34-64 day timeline)
Online Case Status 1/23/03:projected 205-235 day timeline
Still waiting. I can't wait around here forever

Originally posted by daveL
Intersted in information on DCF for Australia, time frames etc.

Originally posted by meauxna
daveL jk, I encourage you both to take advantage of modern search technology, either through BritishExpats or google.

Originally posted by Dekka's Angel
A semi-related Aussie fiance question:

My fiance and I have started talking about the what if in connection with our projected 205-235 day timeline out of CSC. From what I've seen here, the three conditions they are most concerned with are HIV, syphilis and TB. Her daughter has a diagnosis of
Temporal Lobe Epilepsy.We're tentatively setting ourselves an April deadline for scrapping our existing application (unless we can still proceed with DCF without abandoning it), marrying in Australia and bringing him home with me using DCF. I'm not asking for the answer; I suppose you've already considered it.and realize that we simply do not want to be apart that long.
The child's is processed at the same time. He will be done until it's time to remove conditions.

I forgot to ask about her kids!How do we get them over to the US
with her?Can we do a DCF sort of thing for them too, or do we need
to file for K-1s?

Thanks.

He's a Perth native, and it would be ideal if we could handle the consulate interview, etc.
A semi-related Aussie fiance question:

My fiance and I have started talking about the what if in connection with our projected 205-235 day timeline out of CSC. You will need to file mostly
the same paperwork, although I don't think a child under 14 really needs
a G325A.We're tentatively setting ourselves an April deadline for scrapping our existing application (unless we can still proceed with DCF without abandoning it), marrying in Australia and bringing him home with me using DCF.

JK

Originally posted by Jk
Hi,

I am a US citizen, resident in the US, planning to marry an Aussie,
after which we will live in the US.

As to abandoning your I-129F, it will be moot at the time you complete your DCF.

From the info onlocalhost/k1.When my kids end school in mid-June, I get some flexibility to travel, so we are seriously evaluating DCF, which I didn't know about when I filed my I-129F.The experience pages are a wealth of information.

--Joe
Joe, the Consul's website should be bookmarked in a handy place on your computer!
Children can follow with their mother's I-130, but I personally did not do that. They will give you more detail than I can.
nbsp;
nbsp;As to the medical, you can look back to Rob's posts about his unusual
nbsp;medical in Sydney for comfort.

You might also want to read about DCF at:

localhost/k1. My fiance is in Melbourne. I filed I-129f (K-1) mid november. From what I've seen here, the three
nbsp;conditions they are most concerned with are HIV, syphilis and TB. I think there you can even get start paperwork before the
marriage. after the wedding right in WA rather than fly all the way across Australia to Sydney just to do the immigration stuff.
nbsp;
nbsp;The bigger concern would be how will your fiance deal with her condition
nbsp;to make the move. It was simple.

DCF in general is the fastest, most complete way for a married alien to enter the US with a Green Card.She is a house-mum and not
working because of severe agoraphobia.
I certainly think it's a sensible plan if you can afford the time and money.

As to the medical, you can look back to Rob's posts about his unusual medical in Sydney for comfort. after the wedding right in WA rather than fly all the way across Australia to Sydney just to do the immigration stuff. Was this a big mistake? Should I go to Australia for a while and we DCF? Any info much appreciated.

JK
JK, you should most definitely investigate DCF if you are interested in speed of processing and reducing separation.
nbsp;Someone else has recently posted about epilepsy, but I don't recall
nbsp;the outcome.

As to which Consulate you can use, I suggest checking their web pages, looking for procedures for Immigrant Visa.com, to find several recent examples on the newsgroup of Australia DCF.

I am concerned about the medical aspect.
I think it's a good idea to start familiarizing yourself with the forms involvedl; you can always download a practice set.

DCF in Sydney is perhaps the most humane and civilized way to go in the world.and realize that we simply do not want to be apart that long. Was this a big mistake? Should I go to Australia for a while and we DCF? Any info much appreciated.

From the info onlocalhost/k1.Hi,

I am a US citizen, resident in the US, planning to marry an Aussie,
after which we will live in the US.
nbsp;
nbsp;DCF in Sydney is perhaps the most humane and civilized way to go in
nbsp;the world.

Use magic Report

Advanced Mode
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies

Points Rules

Archiver|mdiscuz

2017-6-28 11:44 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.198805 second(s), 34 queries , Gzip On.

Get a Discuz Forum