mdiscuz.com

Forgot password?
 立即註冊
Search
Hot search: 活動 交友 discuz
View: 42|Reply: 0

most tngs say ultrasounds are safe but sometimes 'what most say' doesn't seem to

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
QQ
Post time 2012-7-26 12:18:19 | Show all posts |Read mode
I've had several with all my pregnancies and no problems sara

Hummm. Many of the red flags for a pregnancy with problems can be spotted in other ways and an ultrasound should be used in those cases where a problem is suspected and where diagnosis of that problem would be beneficial. I just feel like if there were hard cold facts against them the Drs would cover their butts and send you to a hospital or something and not routinely do them so nonchalantly. How else can they spot some of those important things that you would otherwise not be prepared for at birth? Knowing there may be a potential problem and them being able to prepare for it may be the difference between life and death at times.

localhost/www. here is an article on the risks of ultrasounds.
I enjoy seeing my baby - but if U dont feel safe getting them then U do what U think is best!

I had 3 with my oldest and none with dd.Now this may or may not be due to u/s, but I'd rather not take my chances again.

localhost/articles.
I had 6-7 w/ DD. While I agree that there can be a time and a place for an ultrasound I hardly agree that using them with the frequency they are used today is wise or beneficial.ltrasoundx

what do you all think?I've already had one (internal) at 6 weeks, was considering doing another at 10 weeks (for reassurance), and i suppose there will be one at 20 weeks.He also speaks extra loudly.

not trying to debate I promise but I did want to say that there are quite few things that can cause harm that we don't sign waivers for

I certainly hope they are safe - I've had probably about ten this pg so far and will be having one every other week until I deliver.most things say ultrasounds are safe, but sometimes 'what most say' doesn't seem to be true. But like most things it needs to be a personal choice.inchem. All U/S are is sound waves.undrodgers
localhost/www.

Here is another article that addresses the use of routine ultrasounds. If they were they would have you sign something for malpractice protection I am sure.That's something that we can't know at the time.

Originally Posted by Terranot trying to debate I promise but I did want to say that there are quite few things that can cause harm that we don't sign waivers for

Oh I know. Mine does one at the first appt to confirm implantation, at 12 weeks if he is unable to get the heartbeat on the dopplar, and then another later to do measurements, risk factors, ect. Most women will never turn down the opportunity for an ultrasound.

Personally - I dont believe most studies done, My DD had many she came out just fine has no problems. If they were they would have you sign something for malpractice protection I am sure. The info they provide is so valuable too.

does this sound safe?thanks for your opinions!

I have had 7 so this pregnancy have several more to come, including 3 this month alone.The possible long-term effects of u/s is hard to determine and I didn't want to take the risk after I knew there may be one. My girlfriend is a U/S tach and the only documented proven case was in regards to deafness of childern which was proven not to be true. The info they provide is so valuable too.Well, I didn't know this until about a week ago. That's why when you are having them, babies get squirmy b/c they can hear the noise. I don't think 3 is bad but they now offer the 3-D for a fee and I am so psyched since it wasn't offered with the first 5!

Use magic Report

Advanced Mode
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies

Points Rules

Archiver|mdiscuz

2017-5-30 15:08 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.177388 second(s), 34 queries , Gzip On.

Get a Discuz Forum